Customer Reviews
I bought this to replace my KOR BPA-free plastic water bottles that broke, which I loved. They cracked at the hinges and one of them also got a coating inside it that was difficult to clean off. I mention the KOR because they were extremely easy to drink from--the opening was just the right size for easy drinking and the hinged top made it easy to manage the bottle--push a button to flip the top off for drinking and no separate top that you have to set down somewhere. So I really loved the design of my KOR bottles and hoped to find something similar in glass. I am not as happy with the design of this bottle, as it is less usable:
Pros:
Silicone sleeve makes it easy to handle and protects from breakage
Bottle, silicone sleeve and top are dishwasher safe
Large opening makes it easy to clean
Ring on cap makes it easy to carry
Fits in large cupholders in cars (not in small ones)
Glass makes it non-toxic and no taste imparted to water
Does not leak
Easy to see in the bottle so you can see the water level and whether it is clean
The bottle is less narrow than the KOR so does not tip over easily as the KOR did (thus leading the KOR to break)
Cons:
Large opening makes it difficult to drink from without spilling on self
The size of the opening, while being large enough to cause spilling, is not large enough to keep from bumping my nose on the other size of it. So my nose is always in the way when I drink from it, particularly as it gets below half full. I find that really frustrating (and yes, I have a large nose, but so do many people...). What I would really like to see is some sort of screw on top that creates a narrower opening for drinking, while still keeping the larger opening below so you can easily clean the bottle--SIGG has some bottles designed like that, which is a great design, however SIGG bottles had BPA in the old linings and the new linings quickly peel off. The company is developing a "sport top" but I don't know if that will solve the problem. My experience with sport tops on hard water bottles (metal) is that it's impossible to get enough water to flow out of them because you cannot squeeze the bottle.
The top is tricky to screw on straight--I keep putting it on slightly crooked and then it won't screw on and I have to unscrew it and get it positioned just right, so it will screw on straight. This is time-consuming and frustrating, compared to the KOR bottle that just has a push button to flip it open and then easily clicks closed. It's also much trickier than screwing the top on a SIGG bottle--I always found them easy to screw on.
Since the top is not hinged like the KOR, once you take it off, you have to find somewhere to set it down while you drink. Not a big deal if you are at work but if you are on the go, that can be a problem. And it is a large top, so it's not like you can just slip it in a pocket.
Being glass, it is heavier than plastic bottles, though I am willing to live with that to have non-toxic and taste-free water
It is a bit too large to fit in the water bottle holders of my fanny pack, so I've had to buy plastic bottles for that
Goodbye stainless steel water bottle. Good riddance plastic bottles. I have searched high and low for alternatives to steel and plastic water bottles. I was ecstatic to see LF offer a good-sized glass bottle and it already included a protective cover; I purchased two. Admittedly, I think the bottles are over-priced. Plus, LF missed the mark by not offering a sports cap with the initial release. For outdoor joggers/runners, I would not recommend this because it's too heavy. I have used this in a gym but it's a bit inconvenient. Without the sports cap, I am forced to pause to drink.
These should have been priced at $15 (as is) and $20 (with a regular cap and one sports cap); I would have given this 5-STARS. It also would have been nice if it was 25 ounces as opposed to 22. Ultimately, I doc this a half a star for the high price and another half star for not having a sports cap readily available.
I cannot comment on durability because I have not drop it. Really looking forward to the sports cap being release. On LF's website you can purchase a 22-ounce bottle without a cap or cover for $8; if Amazon offers, I may buy a few more as standbys.
Product Features
- Glass beverage bottle with 22-ounce capacity protected by stylish silicone sleeve in dark blue
- Glass does not add a chemical or metal taste to your beverage
- Patent pending silicone sleeve provides a great gripping surface and helps to prevent breakage
- Wide mouth bottle makes it easy to add ice, citrus slices and tea bags
- Both bottle and silicone cover are dishwasher safe

Product Details
- Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.1 x 10.5 inches ; 1.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B003BFS8WI
- Item model number: 230002
Price : $19.60
You Save : $2.39 (11%)

Product Description
Color: Dark Blue
Amazon.com Product Description
Fusing modern sensibility and composition with exceptional utility, the 22-ounce Lifefactory beverage bottle combines a glass bottle with a unique patent pending silicone sleeve in dark blue that provides a great gripping surface and helps to prevent breakage. By using a glass bottle, there's no risk of chemicals leaching into your drink and no metallic taste. And the silicone sleeve with circular perforations is free of plastics and is 100 percent non-toxic (all materials are FDA approved). The widemouth bottle design makes it easy to add ice, citrus slices, tea bags, and more. It's topped by a twist-off cap with integrated carry handle. The bottle measures 3-1/8 inches in diameter and 10-1/2 inches tall. While the silicone sleeve is removable, it can stay on the glass bottle when cleaned in the dishwasher.
Lifefactory creates innovative, non-toxic products that make it easy to lead a healthy and eco-conscious lifestyle. They fuse modern sensible composition, and exceptional utility to produce a glass beverage bottle that is free of known harmful chemicals such as BPA, phthalate, PVC, and polycarbonate. All materials are FDA approved. The unique patent pending silicone sleeve is free of plastics, 100% non-toxic, provides a great gripping surface and helps prevent breakage. The benefit of using a glass beverage bottle is that there is no risk of chemicals leaching into your drink and no metallic taste. The widemouth bottle design makes it easy to add ice, citrus slices, tea bags, etc. Beverage bottles are easy clean and dishwasher safe (the glass bottle and silicone sleeve can also be washed together in the dishwasher). Each bottle holds 22 ounces (650ml) and measures 3.125 x 3.125 x 10.5 inches. Available in 6 great colors!
List Price :

Related Product
Sport Berkey Portable Water PurifierNike Sport Water Bottle Black


No comments:
Post a Comment